Terms & Conditions
Sister Marathon Run in Bhutan Promotion. Win a free vacation to the Kingdom of Bhutan for the 2017 Bhutan international Marathon!
KINGDOM OF BHUTAN SISTER MARATHON SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
KINGDOM OF BHUTAN SISTER MARATHON SWEEPSTAKES is sponsored by the Sister Marathon Peace Initiative, a division of Serengeti Genesis, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the Law. NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION, DONATION OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION, DONATION, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. Kingdom of Bhutan Sister Marathon Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec) and to residents of other countries and U.S. territories and possessions where permitted by law. Must be 18 or older and the age of majority in applicable jurisdiction older to enter. Void where prohibited by law. No entries will be accepted from inmates of a correctional facility. Officers, directors, and employees of Promotion Entities (as defined below), members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities, as referenced herein, shall include, Sister Marathon Peace Initiative, and its respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and its/their administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes or the prize. Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes drawings. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor/Administrator. The sole and exclusive Sponsor and Administrator of the Sweepstakes is the Sister Marathon Peace Initiative, a division of Serengeti Genesis, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (“Sponsor”).
- Timing. The Sweepstakes commences on March 1, 2016, at 12:01 a.m. Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on June 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- 2016 Sister Marathon Sweepstakes Grand-Prize Packages/Odds. Two (2) Grand-Prizes packages will be awarded for the Sweepstakes each of which consists of one (1) Scott Jurek Bhutan Running Retreat travel package. Travel package consists of a seven (7) day marathon and cultural immersion adventure in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan featuring Scott Jurek. Full details can be found at http://sistermarathons.org/destination-marathon/scott-jurek-running-retreat. Package includes: Round trip economy flight ticket from any major airport in the United States or Canada to Paro, Bhutan on Druk Airlines, all Accommodations and meals in hotels and tented camps, all government visas and Bhutan International Marathon registration fees, all guides, vehicles and drivers, one 60 minute Spa or Hot Bath treatment, standard non- alcoholic beverages, all internal transfers, all cultural activities, and all running retreat activities. You do not need to participate in the retreat or Bhutan International Marathon to win the prize. You can come solely as a tourist and cheer, volunteer or compete. Package subject to change in Sponsor’s discretion.
Odds of winning Grand Prize: Two (2) divided by total number of valid entries received.
- How to Enter.
Below are the methods to enter the Sweepstakes drawing:
- To Enter with a Donation. Enter via the web at http://sistermarathons.org/sweepstakes-terms indicating your donation amount. You will automatically receive the number of entries which corresponds to your donation amount.
- Free Entry Method. Enter via the web at http://sistermarathons.org/membership/join-now to become a free members. You will automatically receive 1 (one) entry into the Sweepstakes Promotion. For extra entries, Enter with a Donation to a Cause on the website and you will automatically receive the number of entries which corresponds to your donation amount.
- The Free Entry Method by Mail Requires Two Steps. First, mail one handwritten, self-addressed postage paid envelope to Sister Marathon in Bhutan Sweepstakes Free Entry 200 West 39th Street, #53, New York, NY 10018, (except Vermont residents are not required to affix return postage). Limit one entry code request per outer envelope. One ten-digit entry code will be returned in the envelope provided to each mail-in request that complies with these requirements. All requests for entry code must be postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on ending date referenced in paragraph 3 and received no later than five (5) days following ending date. Second, upon receipt of the entry code, Entrant must register the entry code on the web site http://sistermarathons.org/mail-code-entry. All entry codes must be entered no later than 15 days following ending date of the Sweepstakes. Entrant will receive a return e-mail confirming his or her entry in the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection/Notification. On or about July 15, 2016, Sponsor or its agent will randomly and electronically select two (2) Conditional Grand Prize Winners from among all valid entries received. The Conditional Grand-Prize Winner for the Sweepstakes will be notified using the contact information entered on the entry form, within three (3) business days from the drawing and notified that they were selected as the Conditional Grand-Prize Winner and will be conditionally awarded the grand-prize. If Sponsor is unable to contact any Conditional Grand-Prize Winner or Entrant fails to respond to the Sponsor’s initial contact within three (3) business days of notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts, Entrant will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be notified as the new Conditional Grand Prize Winner.
- Conditional Winner Notification. Verification of Conditional Winners. CONDITIONAL WINNER OF A SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. Entrant(s) selected as Conditional Grand-Prize Winner(s) will be contacted within 3 business days following notification and will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 7 days of the date notice is sent, a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a notarized prize selection affidavit, IRS W-9 form, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited). If a Conditional Grand-Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the above required documents, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Conditional Grand-Prize Winner forfeits prize and Sponsor may award the applicable prize to a selected Alternate Conditional Winner. If the Conditional Grand-Prize Winner is a Canadian resident, to win, the Conditional Grand-Prize Winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time- limited mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, a Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator which are binding and final in all matters; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in a Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant’s participation in a Sweepstakes and/or Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize.
- General Conditions. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any party providing any element of a prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including due to an act of God, act of domestic terrorism, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control or other force majeure event. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Date and/or time of the trip/event are subject to change. The Trip/Event is subject to cancellation. If the trip/event is cancelled the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Winner responsible for maintaining a passport valid for at least six months post-prize travel dates and for qualifying for any travel visas. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, postage due or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Sweepstakes website. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, and such changes shall become effective on the date published on the web site(s). This Sweepstakes may appear in other promotional forms.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in a Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor and its agents use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Promotion, including but not limited to Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. [“JAMS”] and held at the JAMS regional office nearest the Entrant. The Promotion is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim or seek injunctive relief or any other equitable claim. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Prize Representations. Sponsor and/or its agents make no representations as to condition, warranties, or fitness for a particular use of a Grand-Prize. For travel prizes, Sponsor and/or its agents reserve the right to designate or limit travel dates, times, and deadlines, specific level of accommodations, excursions, flights, and all other aspects of the travel prize not specifically stated. Grand-Prize Winner agrees to accept the Grand- Prize “AS IS”, “WHERE IS.”
- Winner Announcement. For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 30, 2016, to: Sister Marathon in Bhutan Sweepstakes Winners’ List, 200 West 39th Street, #53, New York, NY 10018.